During Obama's campaign my husband (who is a black professional) stated that he belived there would be a backlash against blacks in America if Obama was elected. Neither one of us thought, at the beginning, that Obama had a chance... that is until Sarah Palin came on board the Republican ticket.
My husband felt that the white conservatives, and the crazy white supremesists would draw closer together in their beliefs and start a smear campaign against Obama. Which has happened.
He also believed that in everyday life blacks would face more overt racism. Which has happened.
Yesterday after Jimmy Carter's comments I heard a few conservative blacks discussing their beliefs that racism is NOT a factor in opposition to Obama and his policies. What planet are they on? Don't they understand that when they are not in the room with whites the whites say stuff that they would NEVER say in front of ANY black person.
Hey, I am white... I know! I am on the inside of two worlds. I hear what is said by whites and I hear what is said by blacks. See, black people are different from whites in that when they accept a white person into their world, they are open and honest about their feelings toward whites. They don't hide it like white folks do. On the other hand, when blacks are "accepted" into a white world, they are NEVER accepted into the secret feelings white people share with each other when no minorities are around. Any white person that says that isn't true is a liar and a fake.
Jimmy Carter had the guts to tell the truth.
And, my husband and I live the black life everyday.
Even one of my daughters has disowned me because I stand up to black people. She wasn't raised by me, she lived with her dad. He is a racist. She calls me a racist against my own race. How small. How narrow minded. How sad for me and the world.
Please give these things thought. It is important for the entire world. Not just about black people, but for every human being of all colors.
Sphere: Related Content
I am a writer, artist, and truth seeker. I believe in Justice, and Fairness. This is my rant.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment