I think the government should make some changes to Medicare and Medicaid to allow for more families and individuals to be covered.
1) Lower the age for enrollment into Medicare from 65 to 59.
2) Increase drug coverage for Medicare enrollees.
3) Increase the median income for those who apply for Medicaid. This would allow more people to enroll. Medicaid should offer 2 forms, like it does here in WA state... HMO or Open.
4) Allow people to select Medicaid or Medicare as their PUBLIC OPTION with a sliding fee scale for those whose income is above the guidelines for free coverage. Those who don't select Medicaid or Medicare should get a partial tax refund.
5) How would this be paid for? It is simple, a National Lottery!!! Why not?
Sphere: Related Content
I am a writer, artist, and truth seeker. I believe in Justice, and Fairness. This is my rant.
Friday, September 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment